Monday, September 21, 2015

TBR Book Tag! (With gifs, because, why not?)

For once, I am getting to a tag really quickly. If the world goes out of orbit, or something explodes - I wasn't involved . . .

Bogdana the Booknerd tagged me for The TBR Book Tag. And honestly, it's probably the easiest tag yet (my to-read list is HUGE). So, thanks Bogdana, and be sure to check out her great book blog here! (All images and gifs belong to respective copyright holders. Book cover photos are from Goodreads.com)



1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

Shikamaru is my spirit animal (and I love this gif)
Uhhhh . . . I don't really keep track, it's too much effort. But Goodreads helps a lot! It tells me what I want to read, so I don't have to be bothered to remember ;P

2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?


Print. I have a few ebooks to read, but I usually ignore them unless I am stuck in an office waiting room, or standing in a super long line (both things I try to avoid, as a matter of principle)



3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?


I stage a mini Hunger Games.
Actually, I just grab a handful, read the blurbs, and then decide on whatever looks the most interesting.

4. What book's been on your list the longest?


Probably Anna Karenina. I think it's been on there for about 11 years. I just haven't found the time.

5. A book that's on your TBR list just because of the cover?


I'd love to say that I never judge a book by it's cover, but we'd all know that's a lie. Usually I am a cover + blurb + subject person, but here is the last cover that caught my eye. I basically check out anything with samurai, ninja, or otherwise Asian inspired. This cover was an instant addition.

<---- Child of Vengeance by David Kirk

It's a novel inspired by historical samurai Musashi Miyamoto. Sold.


6. A book you recently added to the list?

The Girl with Ghost Eyes, by M. H. Boroson. I stumbled across it thirty seconds ago. Go read the description and pre-reviews - it sounds awesome.
Aaaaand, it isn't out until November.

7. A book [on your list] that you never really plan on reading?


Well, usually I only add books that I plan on reading. But I'm not so naive as to think I'll actually get to all of these books (a girl can dream). *Flicks through Goodreads looking for likely candidates . . .*
Probably The City of Ember. It's MG, and I've heard pretty mediocre things about it. And though I've been a lifelong dystopian fan, I'm starting to get sick of the genre (sad, isn't it?).

8. A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?


I don't know about everyone . . . but The Host by Stephenie* Meyer has been on my TBR for 4 years,  and I have a bunch of friends who loved it (even if they despised/didn't read Twilight). I read Twilight, had a good laugh, and proceeded to forget about it. I'm not really interested in any more Meyer books, but because my friends love The Host so much, I feel like I should give it a shot, you know?


9. A book on your TBR that you're dying to read?


Still cracking up at the gif*


Winter by Marissa Meyer. I have loved every second of The Lunar Chronicles since I snatched an early copy of Cinder. I'm really excited to see how everything finally goes down.


10. An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for?

Other than Winter, the book that I'm the most excited about is Anne Bishop's Marked in the Flesh (The Others #4). Every time I think about it, I'm in agony. I want the book to come out, but I don't want it to be March, I just want . . . the book to come out now.

11. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?

Dune by Frank Herbert. It's another one that I've been planning on reading but never quite get around to. And everyone I know (that's read it), thinks I would really like it. It's not that I don't believe them, it's that I think "Okay, if I'll like this, why don't I save it and pick up something totally unknown." I love the unknown.

12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

As of today, 505. And that isn't even counting the ones that I was too lazy to add.


So, have you read any of these books? What book has been on your TBR list the longest? Is there a book that you want to read (but you think you never will)?

*Did you know that she spelled her name Stephenie instead of Stephanie? I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment